Integrated Farming and Kitchen Gardening
- Smt. Hemalatha owns two acres irrigated land and has taken into lease another 03 acres of land. On these 05 acres of land she grows field crops and also fruits and vegetables; She also rears sericulture, livestock, poultry and produces vermicompost.
Adoption of Innovative Technology, Practices and Achievements
- She is practicing the following innovative technology and practices:
- System of Rice Intensification (SRI) method of rice cultivation. y Mulberry cultivation and silkworm rearing
- Vegetable cultivation
- Fodder cultivation
- Livestock rearing, poultry farming and fodder Management
- Vermi compost preparation
- Bullock cart operated by single cow
- Kitchen Gardening
- Production of high quantity of Milk and supplying directly to Jersy Dairy without Middlemen
- She contributes her success to Integrated Farming System approach by including almost all complementary enterprises.
- She is marketing vermi compost produced to local farmers and nurseries and milk produced directly to Jersy Milk Dairy Gowdagere, She also rears Silkworm and sells them at local cocoon market and effectively utilizes Dairy and sericulture waste for the production of Vermi compost which are proving to be an example for the farmers natural resources utilization in the best manner.
Recognition & Awards
- 2015 – “Karnatakada Kanmani Rajya Prashasthi”
- 2015 – “Taluka Level Best Youth Women Progressive Farmer”
- 2014 – “Dialogue on Importance on Integrated Farming” organized by Prasar Bharathi, Mysore.
||Monthly expenditure (Rs.)
||Monthly Expenditure (Rs.)
||Monthly net income (Rs.)
||Livestock rearing and Dairy
||Mulberry Cultivation and silkworm Rearing
||Kitchen Gardening and Poultry and Duck rearing
|Monthly Total Income (Rs.)
Source : Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.