Success Story on Broadcasting/Direct Sowing in Paddy
Smt Rupireddy Laxmi is having 8.0 acres of paddy land with well irrigation.
Training & Motivation
- She got training under ATMA and was offered the Demonstration on 1.0 acre of land during Kharif, 2018. Demonstration on Broadcasting/Direct sowing method in paddy was carried out her field with the help of ATMA during the Kharif-2018-19,.
- She used 15 kg seeds of paddy variety ‘KNM-118’ (Kunaram Sannalu) per acre and broadcasted directly in the main field without raising nursery.
Adoption of Innovative Technology, Practices and Achievements
- She realised that by this method the plants will not be subjected to stress such as being pulled out from the soil and re-establishing fine rootlets in the main field which takes a time lag. The time for growing nursery and the expenditure involved is also saved.
- To overcome weed problem, the farmer had sprayed weedicide Assert @ 500 ml/acre. Timely sowing leads to less pest infestation. In this method (Direct Broadcasting), the total labour cost is reduced due to no nursery raising and transplanting. Yield obtained per acre is 29 Quintals (72.5 Quintals per hectare).
- The farmer got net profit of 1,34,500 per hectare by selling paddy @ Rs.2200 per Quintal. The farmer is very satisfied and willing to expand the area by this method in the next season.
Importance to Farmers
- Demonstration on Broadcasting/Direct sowing in paddy carried out in Rupireddy’s field has motivated the farmers of the village to adopt this method in their fields too.
- The cost saving concept and lessening drudgery has attracted the farmers.
Source : Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.