In Application of Death Certificates, there are two categories
- Death Certificate - registration of deaths that happened less than a year ago.
- Late Registration of Death
Citizen can apply for the certificate at their particular Municipality/Panchayat Office by providing the Doctors Certificate and Panchanama, given by the recognized authorities like Police, Revenue Officer, etc. The service is for registration of deaths that happened less than a year ago.
Time required for issue of certificate : 21 days
Service Charge : Rs.30
For online registration click here.
Late Registration of Death
For late registration of deaths ie. deaths that happened more than a year ago, citizens can apply for death certificate through nearest Meeseva center.
- Physical Document
- Non availability issued by Gram Panchayat / Municipal Administration
- Ration Card Copy
- Self Affidavit
Application form for registration of death
After Getting LRBD Certificate from Revenue Department, the applicant can go to Municipality/ Gram Panchayat to collect the Death Certificate.
Corrections in Death certificate
Visit your nearest Meeseva centre to apply for corrections in Death certificate.
- Declaration by the nearest relative (parents/Childs/spouse) in case of death. The declaration stated should be true and correct by two Gazetted Officers (the name of officers to be written in Capitals)
- Notary affidavit on (Rs. 10/. Non judicial Stamped paper)
- The original Death certificates already taken are to be returned.
- Documentary evidences like educational certificates , election ID card, Ration card, passport, Driving Licenses, Marriage certificate, LIC policies, caste certificates, etc)
- Consent letter from concerned Hospital regarding the correction to the effect.
- In case of Medico Legal death a. Post mortem report; b. Form – 2 by concerned police station
- Other child certificates if any.
Application form for corrections in death certificate