Apply for PRC (Permanent Residence Certificate)
The Permanent Residence Certificate (PRC) is issued by the Deputy Commissioner of the District as per the guidelines, procedures, time limit. The permanent residence certificate is used for admission to educations institution. The certificate of permanent residence is a proof of permanent residence of a person in the particular state.
As per provision and rules, there is certain eligibility for applying for permanent resident certificate.
The eligibility criteria for applying for permanent resident certificate are as follows:
- Applicant must be an Indian Citizen.
- Parents or forefather of the applicant have permanent residence in the state of Assam for minimum 50 years.
- Applicant must be residing in the state of Assam for minimum 20 years.
- If any applicant fulfils all the above eligibility, he can also apply for his/ her child.
How to apply?
- Scan Copy of application form
- One passport size photograph
- Records of immovable property if any, with up to date land revenue paid slip
- Copy of Indian Passport or Certified Copy of NRC 1951
- Certified Copy of the voters list to check the linkage
- Copy of the PRC of any member of the family of the applicant stating relationship, if any
- Copy of the Birth Certificate issued by competent authority
- Copy of HSLC Certificate / Admit Card
- Employment Certificate issued by the employer showing joining in present place of posting, if any
- Documents related to parents and forefathers having continuously resided in Assam for a minimum period of 50 years or Documents related to guardian having continuously residing in Assam for a minimum period of 20 years.
Govt. fee for submission of online application
- Service Charge= Rs. 30
- Printing Charge = Rs.10.00 per page
- Scanning Charge=Rs. 5.00 per page
Whom to contact
Deputy Commissioner Office
P.O. - Dhubri, PIN - 783301, Assam.
Source: dhubri.gov.in, assam.gov.in
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.