Apply for Death Certificate
In Application of Death Certificates, there are two categories
- Death Certificate - registration of deaths that happened less than a year ago.
- Late Registration of Death
Citizen can apply for the certificate at their particular Municipality/Panchayat Office by providing the Doctors Certificate and Panchanama, given by the recognized authorities like Police, Revenue Officer, etc. The service is for registration of deaths that happened less than 5 days.
Time required for issue of certificate : 21 days
Service Charge : Rs.15
For online registration click here.
Late Registration of Death
For late registration of deaths ie. deaths that happened more than 5 days.
- Declaration by a close relative or family member in the prescribed format
- Application Form
- Address Proof of deceased (Voter ID card, electricity, gas, water, telephone bill, passport, valid ration card or Aadhaar card, name of the deceased)
Corrections in Death certificate
Visit your nearest common service centre to apply for corrections in Death certificate.
- Declaration by the nearest relative (parents/Childs/spouse) in case of death. The declaration stated should be true and correct by two Gazetted Officers (the name of officers to be written in Capitals)
- Notary affidavit on (Rs. 10/. Non judicial Stamped paper)
- The original Death certificates already taken are to be returned.
- Documentary evidences like educational certificates , election ID card, Ration card, passport, Driving Licenses, Marriage certificate, LIC policies, caste certificates, etc)
- Consent letter from concerned Hospital regarding the correction to the effect.
- In case of Medico Legal death a. Post mortem report; b. Form – 2 by concerned police station
- Other child certificates if any.
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.