Apply for marriage certificate
It is mandatory for married men and women to furnish marriage certificates for all official purposes as notified under the Meghalaya Compulsory Registration of Marriage Act, 2012.
How to apply
An applicant can apply for Marriage Certificate in three ways. i.e :
- In Person : Application form is available at the Registration Branch, DC Office.
- Online - Citizens can visit https://megedistrict.gov.in/ to apply online for marriage certificate.
- Kiosk - Citizens can visit their nearest Common Service Centres to avail the service.
- Joint photograph of couple
- Birth Proof - Age Proof of Both Bride and groom (Birth Certificate/School Certificate/PAN Card)
- Identity Proof - Identity Proof of both Bride and Groom(EPIC/Passport/Office ID
- Residential Proof - Residential Proof of both Bride and Groom(Land Docs/EPIC/Electricity Bill/Passport/Bank Passbook))
- Proof of Marriage - Proof of Marriage (Wedding Photograph or Wedding Card) (If already married)
- Affidavit - Affidavit of Unmarried (boy and girl) (If still unmarried)
- Death Proof - Death Certificate of Spouse required if already married
- Divorce Decree - Divorced Certificate required if already married and separated.
Whom to contact
O/o Deputy Commissioner, Nongpoh Ri Bhoi District, Meghalaya - 793102.
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.