Apply for Birth Certificate
Birth Certificate is a vital document at various stages in life to prove Age, Nationality and is must while applying for Passport, Education, Health purpose and Employment. A Birth Certificate is the most important identity document that makes it possible for anyone in possession of it to benefit from a gamut of services offered by the Indian Government to its citizens.
How to apply
There are various ways to obtain a Birth Certificate in Mamit.
Apply In-Person :
- To apply for the birth certificate, approach the respective judicial branch, DC Office Complex, that are located in all districts of Mizoram.
- The applicant shall obtain an application form from the respective office on visit.
- Make sure that you have all the proper documents mentioned in the “Documents required ” section below.
- Submit the application to the authorities along with the required documents.
Visit the following link for contacts: www.mizoram.nic.in
- Collect the acknowledgement slip after submitting the form. The applicant may be asked to pay for the process depending upon the applicable payment norms with respect to the applicable period of application.
- Use the acknowledgement slip to obtain a birth certificate from the office as per notified period.
Apply through CSC :
- The applicant shall approach the CSC centre to apply for a birth certificate.
- The applicant shall obtain the application applicable to the centre staff. If required please pay for the form as advised.
- Complete the application form and submit it along with required documents to the staff for processing.
- Authority will process the application through computer and issue the application number along with acknowledgement receipt. Keep it safe for future reference.
- This application will be processed internally.
- Once the certificate is ready, the applicant can get it from Centre where it was applied in person after notification as applicable
- If the birth takes place at a dispensary/hospital, the register record is enough.
- Address proof (Voter ID, Driving License etc.) of parents
- Aadhaar Card of ParentsIf the birth takes place at a house, the citizen has to approach the local body (with address and Aadhar as stated above) and inform in writing. Then it will be verified & the certificate will be issued as applicable.
- Application form
- Name of the Parent, Date of birth of the child, Location of residence
- Certificate of Doctor OR Hospital discharge certificate.
- In case of delayed registration (after an applicable period as per state norms), an affidavit from judicial magistrate / Notary (as advised) as applicable is required (indicating the date and place of birth, names of parent and evidence of the event of birth).In the event of a failure to register a birth within the stipulated period of 21 days, one has to obtain a no-objection certificate (NOC).
- In case you have applied after a month but within a year you have to obtain permission from the authorities as advised.
- In case applied after one year, need to obtain judicial order from a Magistrate and copy of the said order is required to be attached with the prescribed application form.
- If there is no record for birth from the hospital, then the village head / Regional councillor / MLA / MP / MBS Certificate of signature and stamp with any one of the doctor should be submitted
Whom to Contact
Economics and Statistics Office
Vaubekawl, Vengthar, Mamit - 796441
Phone : 03892565088 | Mobile : 9436144162 | Email : malsawmamamit[at]gmail[dot]com
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.