Apply for Caste Certificate
Special provisions are available in India to certain classes of people who are not adequately represented in the country such as Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe, and Other Backward Class. Caste certificate is a legal document that acts as evidence of a person belonging to a particular caste.
Purpose of Caste Certificate
Caste certificate plays an important role in availing quotas set in certain educational institutions and Government entities. Students require a caste certificate for admission in school/college or to avail scholarships offered by the Government. In terms of employment, caste certificate is obligatory for job seekers, who apply for Government jobs as appointments under reserved quotas. Further, disbursement of Government certain subsidies for special reservations requires a caste certificate.
How to apply
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain a Caste Certificate in Mamit.
- In order to apply for a caste certificate, the applicant has to go to the respective deputy commissioner office.
- Link for the office contact details: www.mizoram.nic.in
- The application form can be obtained from the office while applicant visits. OR Applicant shall write an application on an A4 paper. OR Download the application form using the following link: Form link
- Submit the completed application form along with required documents to the respective authority.
- Authorities after checking the attached documents and details submitted, will make entries and provide you record number for reference.
- This document and details will then reach tahsildar.
- Thasildhar will ask his authorities to do an investigation and do ground-level verification for the details submitted.
- After due verification authorities will submit their report to tahsildar.
- Based on the report submitted, Thasildhar will decide to issue the caste certificate.
The application should include the following documents:
- Original Voter ID (for verification purpose), a Xerox copy, self-attested is required. Or a Xerox copy of the voter ID attested by A gazetted officer.
- A consent letter for Local Council/Village Council that you are Schedule Tribe.
- Two(2) copy passport size photos.
Whom to contact
Dinthar, Mamit - 796441
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.