A special reengagement drive for returned migrant workers, Project Thaithan has been planned to be conducted in eight blocks.
Apart from these, the Dhenkanal District Administration has also undertaken the following initiatives.
- Engagement of unskilled and skilled migrant workers in MGNREGS work.
- Engagement of unskilled and skilled migrant workers in PMAY-G (rural housing construction work).
- Registration of interested migrants under BOCW (Building and Construction Worker) scheme to extend its benefits.
- Instruction by GM, RIC and LDM, Dhenkanal, to banks of the district to extend financial loan to support Covid-19 returnees for self-employment and entrepreneurship development under the Aatmanirbhar Bharat scheme.
- Support loan of Rs 10,000 each to interested returned migrants who want to start working as street vendors.
Source : Empowering Migrant Workers through Skill Development and Livelihood Generation
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.