- Name of the Anganwadi Centre (AWC) : Gumabahal
- Name of the Anganwadi worker (AWW) : Ms Pramodini Naik
- Number of the families in the village : 126
- Total population : 449
- No of Beneficiaries catered to under ICDS :
- Pregnant women - 4
- New mothers - 8
- Children 6 months to 3 yrs - 21 ; 3 yrs - 6 yrs - 34.
Self motivated initiatives of AWW in COVID-19 awareness generation
Gumabahal village is a very small village of Boden block.
Ms Pramodini Naik is a sincere AWW who has delviered her responsibilities with passion and committment. Be it, distribution of Take Home Ration (THR) or organising Village Health, Sanitation & Nutrition Day (VHSND) or Routine Immunisation (RI) meetings, she always is cooperative and diligent.
In order to generate awareness about COVID-19 in the villages, Ms Pramodini Naik took up the following measures.
- Several times she organized the village meetings for awareness on Corona.
- Made village households take oath to follow the requried precautionary measures to prevent COVID-19
- She herself stood as an example for following preventive measures - Sanitising the weighing machines after she completed the weighing process of a child.
- Organising repeated demos of measures such as hand washing
- Ensuring that use of masks and maintaining social distancing were followed by the villagers at all times.
- On being trained by the government on the importance of handwashing, she has motivated all th households to keep a bucket of water and soap outside the house so as to enable them to wash hand and foot while they enter the house from outside. She also teaches the children to follow handwashing so that they will motivate their parents to follow them.
Going to extra mile
As the village does not even have a grocery shop, the villagers had to go to other villages to get their needed gorceries. This prompted Ms Pramodini to think of the grave danger the people were in, if they do not wear a mask while going out.
Hence, she started making masks and providing it to the households, thereby motivating them to wear masks while they went out for purchase of groceries. After saturating the households by providing about 60 masks, her next target was to distribute masks for the pregnant women and new mothers.
Source : District administration, Nuapada