This temple is dedicated to Lord Mahavir 24th Tirthankar of Jains. The temple is said to be built by Nandi Vardhan, brother of Lord Mahavir. According to Jain Literature Lord Mahavir in his 37th religious voyage (Chaturmas) came to this area, so the places riveted with his name are seen in this district like Viroli (Vir Kulika), Vir Vada (Vir Vatak), Undra (Upnand), Nandiya (Nandi Vardhan) and Sani Village (Shanamani - A modern Pologround of Abu) . Episode of Karn Kilan i.e. nails were hammered into ears of the Mahavir Swami here at Bamanvada and kheer was cooked at Sani village. The biting of Chandkaushik snake occurred at Nandiya, and the scene is depicted by carving on the granite rock.
The Bheru Tarak Dham is established in the valley of Nandgiri, the Arbudh as described in the ancient Indian literature. The whole valley represents a good settlement of Ashramas of Rishi Munis. From this valley the hilly track goes to Nakki Lake of Mount Abu. This track was used by Colonel Tod, the first European to visit Mt. Abu. This ancient track was the main source of supply of household goods to the inhabitants of Mount Abu.
All the saints, religious tourists and the kings of various states of Rajputana’s used this track for reaching to Abu. There were circuit houses of all the states of Rajputana at Anadara. This was one of the old municipality of the Rajputana established in 1868. The temple is built of white marble dedicated to Sahastra Fana (one thousand hoods of serpent) of Parshavnath. The campus is having Dharmshala, Bhojan Shala and having all facilities for pilgrims.
It is situated at 6 Km away from Abu Road on Abu - Ahmedabad Highway. It is a destroyed city of Parmars. Its present name is Chandela. In the 10th and 11th century, the ruler of the Arbudmandal was the Parmars. Chandravati was the capital of the Parmars. It was the main centre of the nagar civilization, business and trade. Since, it was the capital of the Parmar therefore it was rich in heritage, culture and in all respect. The Parmar of Abu, King Sindhuraj was the ruler of the whole Maru Mandal.
Chandravati was a great example from Architect point of view. Colonel Tod in his book 'Travel in Western India' mentioned about the past glory of the Chandravati through some pictures. Apart from these pictures there are no proof which shows the past glory of the Chandravati. When the railway track was laid down by the British Government, a huge amount of marble was consumed in filling up the remaining holes under the track because at that time there was no curiosity and desire for the art. After systematic commencement of the rail, the large amount of marble was taken away by the marble contractors to Ahmedabad, Baroda and Surat and used to build beautiful temples.
The "Pavapuri Tirtha Dham" temple is built by K.P. Sanghavi Charitable Trust.
The Dhaam is constructed as two blocks; first one is Sumati Jeevandaya Dhaam, also named Gou-Shala and second is Pavapuri Dhaam. In Pavapuri Dhaam it is categorized into a Temple, Place for devotees, Mess for devotees, Dharmshala for devotees, Garden, Lake etc.The total constructional land of the Pavapuri Tirtha Dhaam is 150 Bhiga. Inside the temple is the main idol of Shree Shankheshwar Parshvanath the 23rd lord of Jains and is of 69 inches. The main attraction of the Dhaam is the Temple and the Toran Gate. The green gardens enhance the beauty of the campus.
The main idol is surrounded with Asht Pratihariya (the 8 heroic presentation) and Panch Tirthi (the 5 trithankar raj) established on a pedestal (Prabhashan) carved with elephants, Yakshas and Goddess. There are cow shelters, where the cattle are kept in the most hygienic conditions and fed.
Sarneshwar temple is dedicated to Lord Shiv, situated on the western slope of Siranwa hill. It is Kuldev of Deora Clan of Chauhans of Sirohi. The temple is beleived to be built during Parmar Dynasty rule because its structure and layout is similar to other temples constructed by Parmar rulers.
The major renovation of the temple was carried out in 16th century. In 1526 V.S. Apurva Devi, the queen of Maharao Lakha established Hanuman Idol outside the main gate of the Sarneshwar Ji. The temple was decorated by Maharao Akheyraj in 1685 V.S. In the campus of the temple there are idols of Lord Vishnu and a plate consisting of 108 Shiv Lingas.
The temple is surrounded by two courtyards, one is attached to main temple and second is around the whole area, which carries Burj and Chaukis, which represents this temple as fort. Basically this temple is a fort temple. Outside the main gate of the temple, there are three decorated huge elephants made of lime and bricks, painted colourfully. There is a mandakini Kund in front of the main temple, which is used by the pilgrims for taking holy bath on kartik purnima, chitra purnima and vaisakh purnima. A famous festival of Devuthni Ekadashi, in every Bhadrapadh month of V.S. is arranged here by the followers and on second day a huge fair of rabbaries is also celebrated, in which nobody except rabbarries are allowed. The cenotaphs of the royal family are another attraction in the premises of Sarneshwar temple.