ICT Initiatives – High Court of Chhattisgarh
e-Initiatives (High Court of Chhattisgarh)
- The High Court of Chhattisgarh and Chhattisgarh State Legal Services Authority organised the country’s first ever e-Lok Adalat on 11.07.2020. 195 Benches were constituted in total in the Courts of the State. 5,067 cases were taken up for this state level e-Lok Adalat, out of which 2,270 cases were settled in a single day through virtual mode.
- A periphery has been developed to send Link of Judgments/Orders delivered by the High Court of Chhattisgarh on Appeals/Revisions filed against the Judgments/Orders of the Lower Courts through SMS to the concerned Judicial Officer, who had passed the Judgment/Order for his future reference and guidance.
- A periphery has been developed to provide information regarding undated cases to the Judicial Officers through SMS on their mobile so as to enable them to take action.
- FTTH Connections & separate VC set up have been installed in all the Court Halls of the High Court. FTTH Connection at the residences of the Hon’ble Judges has also been set up for smooth functioning of court proceedings through video conferencing in the pandemic period and also during regular sitting.
- A separate web-page has been developed and placed on the website of the High Court, providing permanent links for all the Court Halls for joining the Court proceedings via video conferencing. The link is password protected, so that only authorised persons/ learned advocates can connect during court proceedings. Creation of Link on the webpage has resulted in saving time and manpower.
- Online e-Gate Pass software has been launched for the benefit of citizens and also to restrict gathering of crowd at the entry gate of the High Court. e-Gate Pass can be obtained online and same can be verified at the time of entry in the Court premises. Mobile app of the same purpose has also been developed. The same will be available after completion of security audit.
- A common page is provided for the High Court and the District Courts to upload copy/information of the cases where stay order had been passed through intranet, so that District Courts become aware of the status of such cases.
- “Prayas” software has been developed for the High Court Legal Services Authority/ District Legal Services Authority. Whenever a case is filed by a Panel Lawyer, information about filing of the case comes automatically in the software. Information is also available about how many cases have come to the High Court from a particular jail.
- Mobile App for Chhattisgarh State Legal Services Authority has been developed through which following information/facility can be accessed :
- Information about Schemes of NALSA & SLSA.
- Information about legal awareness camps.
- Information about Helpline numbers, Penal Lawyers and Legal Services Authorities.
- Seeking information by asking a question.
- Complaint filing & Feedback facility.
- Notification regarding upcoming events, etc.
- Website of the High Court has been updated according to the direction of the Hon’ble e-Committee, Supreme Court of India and requisite steps have been taken to make the High Court website more accessible for the Visually Challenged persons.
- An android mobile app has also been developed to provide case related information to the learned advocates and litigants.
- Online Court View Display is available on the website of the High Court to show status on real time basis the serial number of the case that is being taken up.
- Screen reader access is available in the High Court website for disabled persons.
- A software named “e-meeting” has been developed for organising meetings of various Committees of the High Court in paper-less manner through intranet.
- Online RTI orders are also available. Orders passed by Public Information Officer and Orders of First Appellate Authority are being uploaded in the website of the High Court.
- Process of digitization of records has been started in the High Court. Around 2 Crore pages have so far been scanned and digitized.
- A software for tracking of file movement between sections is also developed.
- 7 VC Rooms had been set up during the pandemic period due to which cases can be heard smoothly through video conferencing.
- Periphery of online copying application is also developed and same will be implemented after completion of audit.
- High Court Computer Cell has developed Inventory software for Stock Management.
- Periphery Software has been developed for Copying Section of District Judiciary for providing copy of orders.
- A periphery for Record Room of District Judiciary has also been developed for searching of records.
- A software has been developed to check Advocate adjustment list during preparation of the cause-list. Templates of notice and summons have also been provided to generate notice and summons.
Source : e-Committee, Supreme Court of India
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.