What is India Stack?
IndiaStack is a set of APIs that allows governments, businesses, startups and developers to utilise an unique digital Infrastructure to solve India’s hard problems towards presence-less, paperless, and cashless service delivery. The Open API team at iSPIRT has been a pro-bono partner in the development, evolution, and evangelisation of these APIs and systems.
The four distinct technology layers provided are
- Presenceless layer : Where a universal biometric digital identity allows people to participate in any service from anywhere in the country.
- Paperless layer : Where digital records move with an individual's digital identity, eliminating the need for massive amount of paper collection and storage.
- Cashless layer : Where a single interface to all the country's bank accounts and wallets to democratize payments.
- Consent layer : Which allows data to move freely and securely to democratize the market for data.
APIs included in India Stack
The following APIs are considered to be a core part of the India Stack.
- Aadhaar Authentication
- Aadhaar e-KYC
- Digital Locker
- Unified Payment Interface (UPI)
- Digital User Consent - still work in progress.
The following APIs are also considered to be societal platforms built on similar principles like India Stack:
- GSTN - The Goods and Services Tax Network
- BBPS - The Bharat Bill Payment System
- ETC - Electronic Toll Collection (known under the brand FASTag)
- Citizens : Brings millions of Indians into the formal economy by reducing friction.
- Software ecosystem : Fosters innovation to build products for financial Inclusion, healthcare & educational services at scale.
- Government : Brings a paradigm shift in the way government services are delivered in a transparent, accountable and leakage free model.
Source : IndiaStack Portal
Last Modified : 7/1/2021
© C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.