Sexual Harassment electronic-Box portal
The Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) has launched an online platform to enable women employees working in both the public and private organisations to file complaints related to sexual harassment at the workplace. The complaint management system has been developed to ensure the effective implementation of Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act (the SH Act), 2013.
The portal is an effort to provide speedier remedy to women facing sexual harassment at workplace as envisaged under the SH Act.
Who can file a complaint?
Any woman working in any office of Central Government (Central Ministries, Departments, Public Sector Undertakings, Autonomous Bodies and Institutions etc.) / State Government / Private organisation can file complaint related to sexual harassment at workplace through this SHe-Box. Those who had already filed a written complaint with the concerned Internal Complaint Committee (ICC) constituted under the SH Act are also eligible to file their complaint through this portal.
How to file a complaint?
- To access the SHe-Box portal, click here.
- To file an online complaint, click here.. Fill in the relevant details as required in the complainant form such as name, designation, mobile number, email address, Aadhar number, Ministry/Department /organisation (where you work), name and designation of the accused/respondent (against whom complaint is being made), complainant’s working relationship with accused/respondent along with brief description of the incident(s). At a given time, complaint can be made against more than one accused/respondent by naming all the accuseds/respondents in the 'Name(s) of the accused/respondent' column and separating them through comma(,). In case, the complaint is already filed, please attach a copy of the same through the button provided for the purpose. After furnishing all the details, press the button 'submit'.
- Once a complaint is submitted, an automatically generated email with User Id and Complaint Number will be sent to complainant's email id along with a link to generate password. With the User Id and password so generated (by clicking on the link sent with account activation email), the complainant can view the status of her complaint.
- Once a complaint is submitted to the SHe-Box, it will directly send the complaint to the Internal Complaints Committee of the concerned Ministry/Department/PSU/Autonomous Body/organisation etc. having jurisdiction to inquire into the complaint. The Internal Complaints Committee will take action as prescribed under the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 and update the status of the complaint. The status of the complaint can also be viewed at any time through the portal.
Source : SHe-Box portal
- Acts/Rules/Advisories/Judgements on Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.