Mahila E-Haat is an initiative for meeting aspirations and needs of women entrepreneurs. It is an online marketing platform for women, where participants can display their products. It is an initiative for women across the country as a part of ‘Digital India’ and ‘Stand Up India’ initiatives. The platform has been set up by the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India under Rashtriya Mahila Kosh (RMK).
To act as a catalyst by providing a web based marketing platform to the women entrepreneurs to directly sell to the buyers.
Unique features of the platform
- Provides an opportunity for women entrepreneurs to leverage technology for showcasing products made/manufactured/sold by them. To see the products displayed, click here.
- Women can also showcase services being provided by them which reflect creative potential e.g. tailoring.
- E-Haat requires a mobile number only, as entire business of E-Haat can be handled through a mobile by the producer. To Join the platform, click here.
- For the facilitation of buyer and seller, the product along with photographs, description, cost and mobile number/address of the producer are being displayed on the E-Haat portal.
- The buyer will have the option of approaching the seller physically, telephonically or through Email or any other means as convenient to him/her. E-Haat is thus a direct interface between buyer and seller, to facilitate marketing of products of women entrepreneurs/SHG.
Terms and Conditions for Participants/ Vendors in Mahila E-Haat
- Must be an Indian women citizen/Women SHG/ women led enterprise.
- Should be more than 18 years of age.
- Goods and Services displayed and transacted through this portal should be legal.
- Both seller and buyers will have to indemnify RMK from any or all acts of transgression.
- Other terms and conditions:-
- Participants/ vendors should display product/products of good quality and would be solely responsible for quality of products and RMK shall not be responsible in this regard.
- Participants/ vendors shall deal with every defect and deficiency related to product/products and services and RMK shall not be responsible for any defect and deficiency.
- Participants/ vendors shall ensure timely delivery of product/products/ services to the consumer.
- Products will be displayed for a minimum period of 30 days and may be re-exhibited after a break of 30 days.
- RMK shall reserve all rights to select the products/services to be listed on E-Haat. After selection RMK will inform the participants/ vendors upon which the participants/ vendors must send the Acceptance letter and Undertaking so that products/service contacts can be displayed.
- Participants/ vendors shall ensure that illegal or smuggled goods are not displayed or transacted by them nor any illegal services are conducted by them through the portal. Any breach on this account shall be the sole responsibility of the participants/ vendors including legal action.
- Participants/ vendors must ensure that all legal formalities as per the law of land are complied with for all overseas sales.
- Participants/ vendors shall ensure that all applicable taxes are paid and relevant laws/rules and regulations followed.
- Terms and conditions including eligibility may be changed at anytime at the sole discretion of RMK.
- The Participants/ vendors will receive the payment directly from the buyer.
- Participants/ vendors are required to maintain details of transactions conducted/concluded through the portal and send quarterly report to RMK and also display the logo of Mahila E-Haat on packaging.
- Participants/ vendors to furnish undertaking on stamp paper of minimum charges as applicable in their State.
Source : Mahila e-Haat
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.