Entrance Examination is the mode for getting admission into various undergraduate, post graduate and professional degree courses. Basically entrance examination is common at higher level of education which is conducted by educational institutes and colleges. After clearing the entrance examination student can earn admissions to specialized degree of their choice.
Range/Scope of Entrance examination
Choosing a course is very simple but getting into it one should pass entrance exam. On the basis of entrance examination suitable candidates are selected and on the basis of score and ranking obtained by the candidate in entrance examination, Colleges and institutes provide admission into courses such as Diploma, Post diploma, under graduate, Post Graduate, research and fellowship programs. Even for admission into all types of professional courses one need to get it done with the entrance examination. The entrance exam has various scopes since it provide chance of forming well-built educational foundation in present competitive market. The main purpose of conducting entrance exam is to judge the student ability, sharpness, knowledge etc. The aptitude of the student is tested in entrance exam. Definite pattern is used in entrance exam, after the students get it done with the written test, the short listed candidates in written test are followed with the group discussion round and the personal interview.
Kinds of Entrance Examinations in India
Entrance examination differ depending upon the type of fields such Engineering entrance exam, Fashion and technology entrance exam, Film and television entrance exam, Management entrance exam, Medical entrance exams, Science/computer entrance exam, Law entrance exam etc are the most preferred entrance exam by the students.
- National Eligibility cum Entrance Exam for Medicine
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) for Engineering
- All India Exam for Agriculture
- National Council for Hotel Management Joint Entrance Examination
- Common Law Admission Test
- IISERs BS-MS Admission Exam
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
- National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA)
- State Engineering Entrance Exam.
Fashion and Technology Entrance Examinations in India
- CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design )
- NID Entrance Exam
- NIFT Entrance Exam
Film and Television Entrance Examinations in India
- Film and Television Institute of India Entrance Examination
- National School of drama (NSD) Screening Test
Management Entrance Examinations in India
- AIMS Test for Management Admission (ATMA)
- Admission test for commonwealth Executive MBA & MPA Programme(CEMAT)
- Common Admission Test (CAT)
- ICFAI Business School Aptitude test (IBSAT)
- Indian institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) MBA Admission Test
- Integrated Common Entrance Test (ICET)
- Joint Management Entrance Test (JMET)
- Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (K-MAT)
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
- National Aptitude Test (NAT)
- National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) - Joint Entrance Examination (JEE)
- National Management Aptitude Test (NMAT)
- Open Management Admission Test (OPENMAT) – Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
- Rajasthan Management Admission test (RMAT)
- Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) for symbiosis Undergraduate Institutes of SIEC Deemed University
- Written Admission test (WAT)- Army Welfare Education Society (AWES)
- Xavier Admission Test (XAT)
- National Eligibility cum Entrance Test
Source: Content contributed by Mr Sreeharsha.