Remote Learning Initiatives in Lakshadweep
All schools in Lakshadweep are following either NCERT or SCERT Syllabus. Hence Lakshadweep Administration doesn’t prepare textbooks, NCERT and SCERT textbooks are provided for all classes I to XII.
Students can refer to DIKSHA portal and find ample resources for digital learning. This allows for remote education mediums to flourish.
In Lakshadweep poor network connectivity is the main impediment that is hampering digital education. However, Lakshadweep is working on initiatives to plug this gap in digital education:
- Books are available in offline mode for all classes and for classes XI and XII, e-content based on NCERT and SCERT syllabus are made available to students through individual tablets provided by school.
- All TV channels are providing KITE - VICTERS Educational channel, which is Kerala’s educational TV channel available in Lakshadweep islands also. A public notice has been issued in this matter.
- CBSE- NCERT Syllabus is followed in all schools of Lakshadweep for classes I to X from the past 10 years.
- Teachers and students have been given directions to use the multitude of resources available in the DIKSHA portal.
- Online classes are not completely successful due to poor network connectivity in islands. Thus, radio classes are also conducted, though radio usage is not very high.
Source : Remote Learning Initiatives Across India
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.