West Bengal Sabooj Sathi Bicycle Distribution Scheme
Sabooj Sathi is a scheme of West Bengal government for distribution of bi-cycles to estimated 40 lakh students of class IX to XII studying in Govt. run and Govt. aided Schools and Madrashas.
The scheme was launched in September 2015.
Empower the students, especially the girls and reduce drop outs in higher education.
West Bengal SC ST Development & Finance Corporation has been declared as the nodal agency for procurement and distribution of bi-cycles.
- Procurement of bicycles was through E-Tender as per existing norms of the State Government.
- Bicycle specifications include Standard accessories – Front Basket, Carrier, Stand, Full-half chain cover, bell. Overall IS specification - IS 10613-2004. Bi-cycles procured in phase-II and phase-III will bear 10 special reflectors in accordance with the advisory issued by Hon’ble Supreme Court of India for rider’s safety.
- Students’ records are entered on-line through Sabooj Sathi portal by the schools, validated thereafter by Sub Inspectors of Schools, Additional District Inspectors / District Inspectors of Schools.
- Block Development Officers perform the task of creating delivery points and tagging schools to finalise delivery point-wise requirement of Boys & Girls bicycles.
- Suppliers are given opportunity through Sabooj Sathi portal to enter consignment details so that those can be tracked by the officials of State Government.
- Schools generated Distribution record from their individual log-in facility. Finally, the schools uploaded data like date of distribution, bi-cycle brand, Bi-cycle frame No. (Unique), particulars of student etc.
- District-wise, Block wise and individual student wise Distribution records are made available in the public domain in the Sabooj Sathi portal on real time basis.
Under the scheme, over 43 lakh bi-cycles had already been procured and distributed to target group students of class IX, X, XI & XII in three phases beginning 2015-16. State Government has decided to maintain continuity and create a situation that students will get bi-cycles as soon as they are admitted to class IX.
Source : Sabooj Sathi portal
Last Modified : 9/14/2022
© C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.