Saksham Scheme for economically weaker differently abled students
Saksham is a Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) Scheme being implemented by All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE) aimed at providing encouragement and support to specially abled children to pursue Technical Education. This is an attempt to give every young student, who is otherwise specially abled, the opportunity to study further and prepare for a successful future.
Salient Features of the Scheme
- Total Number of Scholarship - 1000 per Annum (500 for Degree and 500 for Diploma)
- The Scholarships for Degree and Diploma are transferable in event of non-availability of eligible applicant in any of the Degree/Diploma level Programme.
- The selection of candidate will be made on merit on the basis of qualifying examination to peruse the respective Technical Degree/Diploma course from any of the AICTE approved institution.
- Amount of scholarship:
- Tuition Fee of Rs. 30,000/ - or at actual, whichever is less and Rs.2000/ - per month for 10 months as incidentals charges each year.
- In case of Tuition fee waiver/reimbursement, Students are eligible to get an amount of Rs. 30,000/ - for the purchase of Books/Equipment/Softwares/ Laptop/Desktop/Vehicle/Fee paid towards competitive examination applications forms/exam/specific equipments/ softwares for visually impaired/ speech and hearing disabled.
- Reservation - 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and 27% for OBC candidate/applicant.
- The candidate should be admitted to 1st year of Degree/Diploma course in any of the AICTE approved Institution of respective year through Centralized Admission process of the State/Central Government.
- Specially Abled Student, having disability of not less than 40%
- Family income not more than 8 lakh per annum during the preceding financial year (in case of married girl, the income of parents/in - laws, whichever is higher will be considered).
- Should not be a recipient of any of the scholarships (either State or Central Government Sponsored).
- Mark Sheet of standard Xth /XIIth / others as applicable.
- Annual family Income Certificate for the preceding financial year in the prescribed format issued by not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Disability certificate issued by Competent Authority
- Ad mission letter issued by Directorate of Technical Education for the admission in Diploma/Degree course.
- Certificate issued by the Director/Principal/ Head of the Institute.
- Tuition fee receipt.
- AADHAR seeded Bank Pass Book in the name of the student indicating Account number, IFSC code and Photograph
- Caste Certificate for SC/ST/OBC category.
- AADHAR card.
- Declaration by parents duly signed stating that the information provided by their child is correct and will refund Scholarship amount, if found false at any stage.
How to apply
Log on to www.aicte-pragati-saksham-gov.in & apply for Online Registration and follow the instructions on How to fill the online application.
You can avail helpline services on firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries.
Source : AICTE
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.