National ICT Awards for School Teachers
The Ministry of Education (MoE) has instituted the "National Awards for Teachers for Using ICT for Innovations in Education". The award proposes to felicitate those teachers who have enhanced student learning by effectively and innovatively integrating technology supported learning into the school curriculum and subject teaching, and thereby promoted enquiry-based cooperative-collaborative learning using ICT amongst students.
In all 90 ICT awards are instituted by Govt. of India for different States/UTs and seven autonomous bodies/organizations under MoE. The awards are being awarded since 2010.
School teachers of primary, upper primary, secondary and higher secondary schools working in any recognized school in the Indian Union under the following categories:
- Schools run by State Govt./UTs Administration, schools run by local bodies, private schools affiliated to state boards, aided by State Govt. and UT Administration.
- Central Govt. Schools i.e. Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs), Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs), Central Schools for Tibetans (CTSA), Sainik Schools and Schools run by Ministry of Defence (MOD), Schools run by Atomic Energy Education Society (AEES).
- Schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) (other than those at (i) and (ii) above)
- Schools affiliated to Council for Indian Schools Certificate Examination (CISCE) (Other than those cited above)
Allocation of Awards
- Three awards for each large State (Defined as States having teacher strength of 1 lakh or more) - 14x3= 42
- Two awards for each small State (Defined as States whose teacher’s strength is less than 1 lakh) - 14x2=28
- One award for each UT - 9x1= 9
- Two awards each for KVS & NVS - 2x2= 4
- Three awards for CBSE - 3
- One award for CISCE - 1
- One award for CTSA - 1
- One award for Sainik School and Schools under MOD - 1
- One award for schools under AEES - 1
Each awardee teacher will get an ICT Kit, a laptop and a commendation certificate. The awardees would be encouraged to function as mentors (resource persons) for their area to motivate and train other teachers. All the awardees will form a community of resource persons through networking. Selected initiatives would be shared as best practices across the country.
- For States & UT schools
After the prescribed deadline for online self-nomination, a State/UT level Committee headed by Secretary (Secondary Education)/ SPD - Samagra Shiksha will scrutinize all the entries and shortlist the candidates, and forward the same to the Joint Director, Central Institute of Educational Technology (CIET), NCERT, New Delhi - 110016 for further action.
All such candidates would be required to make presentations before a Jury at the National level.
The Jury will then select and recommend the candidates for the ICT Award.
- For others i.e. Autonomous organizations/ institutions under Govt of India
Teachers will register on the portal and apply online. A Committee under the Head of the organization of the autonomous body (i.e. KVS, NVS, CBSE, CISCE, CTSA, Sainik Schools, AEES) will scrutinize all the entries and shortlist the candidates and send the same to The Joint Director, CIET, NCERT New Delhi - 110016 for further action.
- At CIET the short listed candidates would be required to make presentations before a Committee. The composition of the Committee will be as follows:
The Committee would recommend the requisite number of awardees to the Ministry with justification. At the Ministry level the proposal would be scrutinized before the approval of the Minister.
- Director, NCERT - Chairman
- DDG, NIC - Member
- Representative from Secondary Education Bureau, Dept of SE&L, Ministry of HRD - Member
- Representative from Dept of IT - Member
- Joint Director, CIET - Member Secretary
- Advertisement for nomination including announcement on website of Ministry and NCERT website - 31st December
- Last date for submission of detailed entries by schools to State Directorate of Education/Organization/ Autonomous bodies under MHRD (CBSE, CISCE, KVS, NVS, CTSA, AEES, Sainik Schools under Ministry of Defence) - 31st July
- Scrutiny and forwarding of short listed candidates by State Govt./UT/Organizations with Minutes to The Joint Director, CIET-NCERT, New Delhi- 110016 - 31st August
Source : Central Institute of Educational Technology
- National ICT Awardees
Last Modified : 3/14/2022
© C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.