Portability of LPG (gas) connections
What is portability?
Portability is the option to a dissatisfied customer to shift to a distributor of his/her choice- within a cluster of distributors of Indian Oil, HPC and BPC. The option of the customer to migrate results in keeping distributors on their toes and thereby improved service to customers. The customer needs to submit his/her application through the portal, which automatically gets converted into a transfer process even without the consent of the parent distributor. The customer can subsequently complete the documentation at the new distributorship within the stipulated time. This process does away with the need to physically approach the distributor with a transfer request.
To register for Portability, the consumers need to do the following:
- Visit My LPG.in and select your company.
- Register on the site if not registered already.
- See the distributors available in the cluster and their star rating in terms of refill delivery performance ( 5 Star- Excellent, 4 Star- Good, 3 star- Average, 2 Star- below Average and 1 star - Poor).
- Choose the distributor of your Choice from the cluster.
- You will then receive an email confirming the registration and advising details of procedure.
- In case of Intra-Company (same company) portability request, you have to just visit only the new distributor with copy of the email and get enrolled.
- In case of Inter-Company transfer, as the equipment is not compatible across companies, you will need to visit the existing distributor and surrender cylinder and pressure regulator, collect refund/ transfer documents and then approach the chosen distributor for reconnection by paying the same deposit as earlier.
- No transfer fee or additional security deposit will be charged for transfer of connection under portability scheme.
Proactive electronic tracking of the portability request with escalation matrix and its closure is in place to ensure that a consumer does not have any difficulty in moving to the distributor of his choice.
Source : My LPG.in
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.