Energy conservation in Transport systems
Transportation is one of the major consumers of energy. Some of the tips to conserve energy in transportation systems are as follows.
Energy saving tips in transportation
- Don't use your private vehicles extensively. Try to use public transportation whenever possible.
- Remove extra BOOT weight in the car. Unwanted items like a flat tyre, unwanted luggage in the vehicle, especially heavy ones, can reduce the vehicle’s mileage. The reduction is based on the percentage of extra weight (relative to the vehicle’s weight) and affects smaller vehicles more than the bigger ones.
- Keep automobiles fuel filters clean and save the fuel.
- Don't forget to keep your vehicle tuned up. When a vehicle is running well, it uses nine per cent less fuel and thus emits fewer toxic and noxious fumes.
- Don't use clutch pedal as footrest.
- Beyond one minute, it is more fuel - efficient to restart your car.
- Maintain recommended tyre pressure.
Source : Portal content team
- Edugreen website
- 10 Ways Riding a Bike Can Save the World
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.