Vikaspedia is a Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India initiative to provide e-knowledge and use ICT-based applications for empowerment of under-served communities. The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Hyderabad, a scientific society under MeitY is implementing the nationwide initiative.
Developed as part of this initiative is the multilingual, multi-sectoral collaborative content creation platform - Vikaspedia – www.vikaspedia.in Vikaspedia provides information covering 6 domains related to social development – Agriculture, Health, Education, Social Welfare, Energy and e-Governance in all 22 scheduled languages of the country, besides English. Several value added information products/services are also offered as part of Vikaspedia.
With the objective of providing opportunities to young minds to utilize their skill sets for a national cause, C-DAC, Hyderabad invites applications from eligible students to work as interns in the Vikaspedia project.
- Students who are Graduate /Post Graduate or Research fellows enrolled in reputed University/ Institution within India.
- Should have excellent academic track-record and posses good writing skills
- Language proficiency in at least one Indian language, besides English, is a must.
- Proficiency in using computers and internet is essential.
- Desirable :
- Specialization in any of the six domains covered by Vikaspedia
- Experience in e-content generation
Duration : Students can choose the duration of internship. The duration of the internship can be between 2 months (minimum) to 6 months (maximum).
Location of internship: Virtual Internship / Remote Internship Programme
Scope of work to be assigned to interns
- Knowledge management in Vikaspedia portal – content authoring, review, updation, translation, etc
- Conduct of online outcome studies on utility of Vikaspedia portal
- Document case studies on utility of Vikaspedia and associated services
- Volunteer management – profiling, development of training modules, proposing strategies for strengthening of volunteer base, etc
- Design and development of multilingual IEC materials for proliferation of Vikaspedia in various media (print, video, social media, etc).
- Design and develop UI/UX/modules/applications/mobile apps for Vikaspedia
Terms and conditions
- The internship programme will neither be a job nor any such assurance for the job in C-DAC.
- The interns should have their own laptops/PC and connectivity to work during the period of intership.
- The interns will be required to submit a report at the end of their internship to the authorized person.
- Certificate of Internship will be issued to the interns on satisfactory completion of their internships and on submission of their Report and its evaluation by the competent authority
- No remuneration will be paid for the internship. However, financial incentive as a token of appreciation for good performers and non-financial (acknowledgement in the Vikaspedia portal, ) may be provided at the end of the internship period.
Mode of Application
Interested students can visit the following link and apply by filling out the google form - Application Form
- The applicant has to upload his/her latest CV/resume while filling up the application form
- If the applicant is unable to upload the CV/Resume while filling up the application form, please send the same by Email to indg[at]cdac[dot]in
- Applicants would be shortlisted based on their preferences and merit.
- The shortlisted applicants will be contacted for a short telephonic interview.
- The final list of applicants would be drawn based on the submitted CV as well as the interview.
- The decision of the Selection Committee shall be final and binding and no queries shall be entertained after the completion of the selection process.
- Termination: C-DAC can terminate the programme at any time, as it deems fit, and without showing any reason. Intern can choose to leave the programme, if she/he so desires, giving prior notice of one month to C-DAC.
For any further information / clarifications write to indg[at]cdac[dot]in or Whatsapp 9182561076.