- Mantha is a liquid pharmaceutical preparation made by churning the coarsely powdered medicaments with four times water followed by Filtering to a lucid fluid.
- As per Sushrutacharya, Mantha should be prepared by using cold water and should have medium consistency i.e. neither too thick nor too thin. Ghee may be added to the prepared mantha of Shatu(Barley flour).
- Manthas gives instant energy& relief from exertion and thirst.
- If manthas are prepared along with Amla dravyas, sneha dravya and jaggery, it is used in Mutrakrichra (Dysura) and Udavarta (Flatus in abdomen).if consumed with sugar, sugarcane juice and Draksha it is beneficial in the disease where where pitta is vitiated .In kapha vitiated diseases, Mantha is used with Draksha and Madhuka.
- States like Gujarat, Rajasthan, Kerala, and Tamil Nadu, are the major Khajur producing states in India. Many varieties are cultivated in India such as Medjool, Hallawi, Zahidi, Khadrawi.
- As per Ayurved classics, kharjuradi Mantha have distinct health benefits.
- Kharjuradi Mantha is specially indicated in Madya-Vikara (alcoholism).
- It is aslo used for immediate nourishment (Sadya-Tarpana), it gives stability and provides body vigor and glowing skin.
Method of preparation:
Take seedless kharjur, ripen pomegranate seed, grapes, Tintidaka, tamarind, amla, Parusaka each 1 part and 28 parts of water.
At first all material are made into paste form and soaked with given amount of water for 2-3 hrs. It is churned sufficiently till it become messy and appearance of specific color and odour of the given material & is filtered. Filtrate is called Kharjuradi Mantha.
As per Ayurveda classics, Kharjur (date fruit) is designated as nutritious, aphrodisiac, tonic mainly consumed in debilitating conditions like Rajayakshma and Pittaja disorders like Raktapitta, Visarpa, etc. It is the remedy for alcohol induced damage and detoxifies its ill effects and said to be Vatapittashamaka. Khajurs are rich in nutrition and comes loaded with fiber, protein; potassium, magnesium, and minerals. They are high in antioxidants and help the body fight againsts diseases. khajur is an excellent natural sweetener. Khajur also controls blood sugar and improves bone health.
- Grapes is is Vatapitta-shamaka & useful in Madatyaya, kamala, Pandu, mastiskadourbalya, hriddourbalya, krishta, trishna, daha.
- Tamarind is useful in Jaundice, Liver disorders,acts as gentle laxative, skin cleanser.
- Pomegranate is useful in Hridroga, Raktavikara, mashtishkadourbalya, mashtishkavikara, aruchi, agnimandhya, atisara, pravahika, urdhvaroga, sukradourbalya.
- Amla is useful as a general tonic, diuretic, laxative, and aphrodisiac, antipyretic. It is beneficial in anemia, hyperacidity, peptic ulcer, dyspepsia, anorexia, diarrhea, dysentery, dyspepsia, eyes inflammation, and jaundice, weakness of memory, nervine debility, liver complaints, cough, and asthma.
- Parushaka is said to be Pittashamana, vatakaphahara.
As per Ayurveda classics, terms addiction is vatapitta dominant and jathragni daurbalya avastha, kharjuradi manth ingredients, most of the ingredients having vatapitta-shamaka properties and all of the ingredients having amla rasa pradhanta except kharjura.
Source : Rashtriya Ayurveda Vidyapeeth