Other name : Rubeola
Caused by : Virus
- Measles is a highly contagious respiratory infection
- Flu-like symptoms, including fever, cough, watery red eyes and runny nose
- Small red spots with blue-white centers that appear inside the mouth
- A total-body skin rash
- The highly contagious measles virus is spread by coughing and sneezing, close personal contact or direct contact with infected nasal or throat secretions.
- The virus remains active and contagious in the air or on infected surfaces for up to two hours.
- An infected person transmits the virus from four days prior to the onset of the rash to four days after the onset.
Simple tips to follow
- Vaccination as per the doctor's prescription
- Measles can lead to death among young malnourished children
Source: Portal Content Team
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.