What to do during an earthquake
There are numerous ways in which you can be safe during an earthquake.
What to do if you're indoors during an earthquake
- Go under a table or desk and hide under them until the shaking stops.
- Stay away from exterior walls, glass, heavy doors, heavy furniture, fireplaces and kitchen appliances. Do not use the elevator.
- If you cannot find any tables or desks to hide underneath them, then cover your face and head with your arms and stay inside a corner space in the building.
- If you're on the bed, stay there and cover your face with a pillow, else move to a nearest safe place till the earthquake stops.
- Stay away from electric wiring's.
- Do not step out of the house until it stops.
What to do if you are outdoors
- Stay away from buildings,street lights, power-lines, and such.
- Stay out in the open.
- If you're in a moving vehicle, stop as quickly as possible and do not park under trees or buildings. Stop in open area.
- If you’re in a crowded public place, avoid panicking and do not rush for the exit. Stay low and cover your head and neck with your hands and arms.
Source : Portal Content Team
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.