Leveraging Technology for Addressing the Third Delay in Maternal Health
Third delay contributes significantly to maternal and neonatal outcomes. Health system readiness had to be upgraded using modern technology that facilitates ‘on the job’ support to providers.
Alliance for Saving Mother and Newborn (ASMAN) is an initiative of development sector partners- BMGF, MSD for Mothers, Reliance Foundation, Tata Trusts and the USAID.
- Real time data entry with notifications enabled for high risk cases.
- On-the-job clinical decision support through integrated clinical rules.
- Interactive dashboards, reports and registers.
- 24*7 specialist support through Remote Support Centre.
- Games and E-learning content.
- ASMAN application implemented in 42 identified delivery points from April 2018 to March 2019.
- More than 100 thousand cases were recorded and 40 thousand high risk cases were detected through the application.
- Supported LaQshya by auto collating clinical indicators for monitoring.
- Sustainable design by utilizing existing health system resources.
- Open ended application facilitates flexibility in the design to incorporate or modify any aspect of the application.
- Enables quality improvement through LaQshya.
Govt. of Madhya Pradesh through ASMAN.
- Replaces all data entry and managerial tools
- Cuts printing costs and saves space
- Provides value additions in clinical aspect by decreasing providers work load for managerial work, knowledge enhancement, clinical decision support and remote specialist support.
Source : We Care Coffee Table Book - Good, Replicable and Innovative Practices 2019
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.