TB Free Taluka Initiatives
TB kills nearly 4.2 lakh persons, while nearly 27 lakh persons acquire TB every year. India has incorporated strategies to achieve TB elimination in National Health Policy 2017.
Social stigma and Low awareness regarding TB leads to late diagnosis, low TB case notification and success rate.
- State level consultation workshop with district programme managers and district team was organized through video conference sensitizeing the District TB Officer regarding block wise detailed action plan.
- The districts submitted detailed activity wise planning based on National Strategic Plan (2017-2025), 9 key indicator wise activity planning and intensive IEC plan certified by respective Chief District Health Officer and District TB Officer.
Innovative aspects of project
- House to house Active case finding in high risk group areas by MPHW – ASHA – Community Volunteers and complete evaluation of presumptive.
- Active case finding activities in general population has been carried out in TB free taluka for early detection of cases, 6,71,1572 houses covered in the screening additional 616 TB case has been diagnosed and link for treatment.
- PHI (Peripheral Health Institution) wise DMC (Designated Microscopy Centre) has been established to better accessibility for quality assured diagnosis and all diagnosed patients link for treatment at all PHI (Peripheral Health Institution).
- Universal Drug susceptibility testing, HIV screening, Diabetes screening offer to all diagnosed cases as per programme guideline.
- All diagnosed TB patients are linked for drug susceptibility testing through Cartridge Based Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (CBNAT).
- Contact screening of all diagnosed sputum smear patients.
- Geotagging of all TB cases initiated through Nikshay (A case bas web base Notification system) to identify Hot spot and Cold spot up to village level.
State level, State TB Forum and District level, District TB Forum (36) has been constituted in the state to accelerate TB control activities and help to reduce social stigma and community engagement in large scale more over Block, TB Forum (72) also has been constituted in assigned TB free Block.
Source : We Care Coffee Table Book - Good, Replicable and Innovative Practices 2019
Last Modified : 6/12/2021
© C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.