1. What does this Scheme cover?
This accident insurance scheme covers; Loss of life due to COVID19 and Accidental deathon account of COVID-19 related duty.
2. What is the definition of Accident?
An accident is sudden, unforeseen and involuntary event caused by external, visible and violent means.
3. When does insurance coverage policy begins and ends?
The duration of the policy is extended for a period of 180 days, starting from 20th October, 2021.
4. What is the benefit available to the insured persons?
Rs 50 LAKHS will be paid to the claimant of the insured person.
1. Who all are covered under the scheme?
2. Who can be a volunteer under this scheme?
Volunteers are those who are drafted by the Government Official authorized by Central/State/ UT Government for care and may have come in direct contact of the COVID-19 patient.
3. Who are Private persons under this scheme?
Private persons are those who are engaged by both public & private health care institutions/organization through an agency and were deployed /drafted for care and may have come in direct contact of the COVID-19 patient (with the proof that the service of the agencies were engaged by the institution / organization).
4. Is there any age-limit for health workers under this scheme?
There is no age limit for this scheme.
5. Is individual enrolment required?
Individual enrolment is not required.
6. Whether an individual is required to pay any premium to be eligible under the scheme?
The entire amount of premium for this scheme is being borne by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
7. Is COVID-19 laboratory test mandatory for claiming the benefit?
Laboratory report certifying positive medical test is required for loss of life on account of COVID-19. However, it is not required in case of Accidental loss of life on account of COVID-19 related duty.
8. Whether expenses incurred on treatment or during quarantine are covered under the scheme?
Any type of expenses related to treatment or quarantine is not covered.
9. If a person is having another Personal accident policy or life insurance policy, what is the effect of the same on claim under this policy?
The benefit/claim under this policy is in addition to the amount payable under any other policies.
1. Documents required to claim benefits under this scheme?
In case of Loss of life due to COVID19 following documents are required:
In case of Accidental loss of life on account of COVID-19 related duty following documents are required:
2. Whom to contact in case of any claim?
The institution/department the insured person was working for has to be informed.Insurance company also be intimated at email id email@example.com
3. What is the process of submission of claim?
The claimant needs to fill up claim form along with necessary documents as prescribed and submit the same to Healthcare Institution/ organization/ office where the deceased was an employee of /engaged by the institution.
The respective institution will give necessary certification and forward it to competent authority.
Competent authority for State/UT is Director General Health Services /Director Health Services/ Director Medical Education or any other Official specifically authorised by the State/UT Government for this purpose.
Competent authority for Central Government, Central Autonomous / PSU Hospitals, AIIMS, INIs and Hospitals of other Central Ministries is Director or Medical Superintendent or Head of the concerned institution.
Competent authority will forward and submit claim to the insurance company for approval.
4. Whom to contact from insurance company?
Last Modified : 10/21/2021
This topic provides information about Artistes Pen...
This page contains information about merit scholar...
This topic provides information related to the Bha...
It provides the information about application proc...