Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) has extended the Operation Greens Scheme from Tomato, Onion and Potato (TOP) to all fruits & vegetables (TOTAL) for a period of six months on pilot basis as part of Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
The objective of intervention is to protect the growers of fruits and vegetables from making distress sale due to lockdown and reduce the post -
- Fruits- Mango, Banana, Guava, Kiwi, Lichi, Papaya, Citrus, Pineapple, Pomegranate, Jackfruit;
- Vegetables: - French beans, Bitter Gourd, Brinjal, Capsicum, Carrot, Cauliflower, Chillies (Green), Okra, Onion, Potato and Tomato.
- Any other fruit/vegetable can be added in future on the basis of recommendation by Ministry of Agriculture or State Government (List of eligible crops, selected surplus production clusters and trigger price for intervention under the scheme – Please Click Here).
Duration of Scheme
For a period of six months from the date of notification i.e., 11/06/2020.
Food Processors, FPO/FPC, Co-operative Societies, Individual farmers, Licensed Commission Agent, Exporters, State Marketing/Co- operative Federation, Retailers etc. engaged in processing/ marketing of fruits and vegetables.
Pattern of Assistance
Ministry will provide subsidy @ 50 % of the cost of the following two components, subject to the cost norms:
- Transportation of eligible crops from surplus production cluster to consumption centre; and/or
- Hiring of appropriate storage facilities for eligible crops (for maximum period of 3 months)
How to apply
- Submission of claim for subsidy – Eligible entities, who comply with the aforesaid essential criteria may undertake the transportation and/or storage of notified crops from notified surplus production cluster, without any prior approval from MoFPI and thereafter submit their claim on online portal https://www.sampada-mofpi.gov.in/Login.aspx.
- The applicant should register on the portal before carrying out transportation/storage of fruits and vegetables. For Registration, please (Click Here).
Last date for submission of online applications for Operation Greens is 31st July, 2020 on or before 11:59 PM.
Source : Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI)