State University Research Excellence (SERB-SURE) is a new scheme of the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) to augment the research capabilities in a structured way to create a robust R&D ecosystem in state universities and colleges by fostering collaboration for high-end research.
SERB-SURE scheme provides research support to active researchers belonging to state universities and colleges including private universities and colleges across India to undertake research and development in frontier areas of science, engineering and quantitative social science. The scheme will seed new research opportunities at various state & private universities and colleges and will propagate scientific temper in faculty and students of these institutions.
- Applicants [Principal Investigator (PI) and Co-Principal Investigator(s) (Co-PI(s))] should be Indian citizens.
- PI and Co-PI(s) should hold PhD. degree in Science, Mathematics, Engineering or M.D. / M.S. / M.D.S. / MVSc. degree at the time of applying for the grant.
- The applicant(s) must hold a regular academic/research position in a state university/college or private university/college which is recognized by UGC / AICTE / PCI.
- The term "Regular" in the context of this scheme refers to the applicants who are appointed against the sanctioned post or in a tenure post but are likely to be renewed after the end of the tenure.
- [Note: INSPIRE Faculty, Ramanujan and Ramalinga Swamy Fellows, Faculties recruited through UGC Faculty Recharge Program, Research Associates, Postdoctoral fellows, Ad-hoc faculties, Guest Faculty, Visiting Scientist, Consultant, Project Fellows and Faculty members whose contract is renewed every year are not eligible. In respect of cases that are not mentioned above, SERB reserves the right to determine the eligibility].
- Investigators who will be superannuating during the duration of the project the Co-PI will become PI. In such cases, a Faculty/Scientist from the host institute who has at least 5 years of service remaining should be associated as a Co-PI. Already superannuated Faculty/Scientists are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants having any ongoing and completed SERB projects are not eligible to apply.
Nature and duration of support
The total research grants not exceeding Rs. 30 lakhs for a period of three years are provided for minor equipment/s, research personnel, consumables, domestic travel, contingency and other costs (analytical charges, equipment user charges, feldwork charges, etc.) "Overhead" is provided to the implementing institution as per prevailing norms of SERB.
How to apply
For successful online submission of the application the following points may be noted::
- The call for proposal will be notified through the Science and Engineering Research Board website
- Applicant(s) should first register on the online website
- After login, the applicant is required to fill all the mandatory fields in the Profile Detail section under User Profile, which includes Bio-data, Photos, Institute addresses etc.
- Some of the details of your proposal like Project Title (max 500 characters), Project summary (max 3000 characters), Keywords (max 6), Objectives of the project (max 1500 characters), Expected output, and outcome of the proposal (max 1500 characters), Budget (Research Personnel, Consumables, Travel, Equipment, Contingency, Overhead) have to be entered at the time of proposal submission.
- Other relevant information about the proposal has to be uploaded in a single PDF file not more than 10 MB as other technical document (OTD) (max 1500 words). To download Template, click here.
Source : Science and Engineering Research Board