Eligibility & Conditions
- Target beneficiary: Artisans, Unemployed Youth and Self Help Groups (SHGs)
- Eligibility criteria: Any person Traditional Artisans, Knowledge of Skill experience in Art and craft.
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) organises short duration specialized skill development programme followed by distribution of tools and kits to start their micro/ small units activities in local area.
As of now, following areas are covered by KVIC for assistance
- In Mineral based industry- electric potter wheel
- In polymer and chemical industry- leather tool kit for repairs of footwear
- In forest based industry- honey bee boxes
- In Agro and food processing based industries -
- Village oil industry-portable kachi ghani.....
- Small kits for deseeding of tamarind etc.
- Tools kits are also given in handmade paper, gur, and rural engineering
Honey Bee Boxes are distributed by KVIC under Honey Mission also. (10 bee hives and bee colonies to each beneficiary)
Steps for availing the Assistance:
- Awareness program is done in an area with potential artisans and then through the advertisement, perspective beneficiaries/Artisans are identified by the field offices of KVIC.
- Skill development is organized consisting of the product development and value-added product training
- Practical training is organized for handling the tools and equipment to be provided.
- On the last day of skill development program, the distribution of tool and kits done
- Hand holding , technical back up and marketing linkage is provided on a regular basis.
Last Modified : 2/3/2022
© C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.