Strengthening of Infrastructure of Existing Weak Khadi Institutions and Assistance for Marketing Infrastructure
To revive weak Khadi Institutions
- To assist the identified weak KIs, so as to enable them to regain their status and revive their potential for employment generation
- To improve the marketing of Khadi products through development of marketing infrastructure, including renovation of selected sales outlets of KIs
- To bring in a transformation in the Khadi sector and re-affirm its significance as a sustainable employment provider for rural artisans
Scheme applicable for
- Existing C and weak Khadi and Polyvastra Producing Institutions
- The first component of the scheme for reviving a weak institution should start with a detailed study to be conducted, through a professional institute /agency, for ascertaining the reason behind their sickness. The institute/agency would also suggest corrective action to be taken as per the findings/suggested recommendation of the study.
- lf the institution proposed to be extended assistance had borrowed funds from banks for Khadi activities and these loans have not yet been fully repaid, consent of banks concerned for its revitalization may also be obtained, so that the banks may extend some concession to such institution during the process of revitalization.
- The State/Divisional Director will identify an Officer of KVIC (by name) preferably a Development Officer (Khadi)/Asstt. Development Officer (Khadi) and assign him the task to act as a 'Nodal Officer' for implementation of the revitalization package in respect of each of the institutions or a group of institutions. The Nodal Officer will be responsible for the outcome of the assistance.
- While the rehabilitation package will be implemented in the identified institutions having potential for revival.
- The assisted institution will be tied up with a local major Khadi institution of “A” or "A+" category for extending backward-forward linkages required to start production and sales activities. KVIC should explore opportunities for merger of weak institutions with successful Khadi institutions so that the activities of the weak institutions can get strengthened by the financial and managerial strength of the major institutions.
- The impact of intervention extended to the institutions will be monitored and reviewed in KVIC i.e. at the State/Divisional Office level by the State/Divisional Directors, at Zonal level by the Dy. Chief Executive Officer of the zone and the Zonal Committee and at the Central Office level by the Chief Executive Officer and the Commission.
How to apply
Click Here to apply.
Last Modified : 1/25/2022
© C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.