Pottery Activity under Gramodyog Vikas Yojana Scheme
- To enhance the production, technical knowhow of pottery artisans and to reduce cost of production
- To enhance the income of pottery artisans by providing skill development training and modern & automated equipment
- To provide skill-development training to SHGs of pottery-artisans on focused products like garden pots, khullad, decorator products etc.
- To encourage the successful potter to set up his own unit under PMEGP scheme
- To develop necessary market linkages by tying up with exports and large buying houses.
- To innovate various new products and raw materials to make international scale pottery
Nature of Assistance
- Wheel Pottery Training Programme for traditional pottery artisans.
- Press Pottery training programme for pottery as well as non-pottery artisans.
- Jigger-Jolly training programme for pottery as well as non-pottery artisans.
- Trainer's training programme for skilled traditional pottery artisans who want to work as Master Trainers.
- Assistance by providing pottery wheel, Clay Blunger, Granulator etc.
Download Scheme Guidelines
Who Can Apply
- The artisans between 18 years and upto 55 years of age.
- Preference to be given to the people trained in the related activity, people pursuing the same activity earlier, based on their education, profile & minimum of 50% to SCs/STs/Women candidates/BPL category
- Non-pottery artisan who is interested to start new industry can be selected for training of press pottery and jigger-jolly etc.
How to Apply
- By responding to the advertisements to be given by the State/Divisional Directors of KVIC locally through print & electronic media inviting applications along with project proposals from prospective beneficiaries/SHGs desirous of establishing the Pilot Projects/get training/machines etc.
- Concerned State Office, KVIC can be contacted to know the details.
Whom to contact
State Director, KVIC (Address available at KVIC Online)
Source : Ministry of Micro, Small Medium Enterprises
Last Modified : 2/8/2022
© C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.