Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP)
The scheme aims to promote generation of employment opportunities through establishment of micro enterprises in rural as well as urban areas.
- The maximum cost of the project/unit admissible in manufacturing sector is Rs 25 lakhs and in the business/service sector, it is Rs 10 lakhs.\
- Rate of subsidy under PMEGP (of project cost)
- For General category - 15% (Urban), 25%(Rural)
- Special (including SC/ ST/ OBC/ Minorities/Women, Ex-servicemen, Physically handicapped, NER, Hill and Border areas, etc.) - 25% (Urban), 35% (Rural)
- The balance amount of the total project cost will be provided by the banks in the form of term loan and working capital.
- Any individual, above 18 years of age.
- At least VIII standard pass for projects costing above Rs.10 lakh in the manufacturing sector and above Rs. 5 lakh in the business / service sector.
- Only new projects are considered for sanction under PMEGP.
- Self Help Groups (including those belonging to BPL provided that they have not availed benefits under any other Scheme), Institutions registered under Societies Registration Act,1860; Production Co-operative Societies, and Charitable Trusts are also eligible.
Existing Units (under PMRY, REGP or any other scheme of Government of India or State Government) and the units that have already availed Government Subsidy under any other scheme of Government of India or State Government are NOT eligible.
How to apply?
- The State/Divisional Directors of KVIC in consultation with KVIB and Director of Industries of respective states (for DICs) will give advertisements locally through print & electronic media inviting applications along with project proposals from prospective beneficiaries desirous of establishing the enterprise/ starting of service units under PMEGP.
- The beneficiaries can also submit their application online at https://www.kviconline.gov.in/pmegpeportal/pmegphome/index.jsp and take the printout of the application and submit the same to respective offices along with Detailed Project Report and other required documents.
Whom to contact
State Director, KVIC
PMEGP Scheme guidelines
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.