Group Accident Insurance scheme for Fishermen
Group Accident Insurance scheme (GAIS) is being offered as part of the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) to offer insurance coverage to all the Fishers of the country.
The scheme is being implemented by National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB) through M/s Oriental Insurance Company Limited (OICL).
- Fishers include fish workers, fish farmers and any other category of persons directly involved in fishing and fisheries related allied activities.
- Men or women fishers in the age group of 18 to 70 years shall be eligible for insurance coverage
Eligible beneficiaries covered under insurance scheme will receive
- Rs.5.00 lakh against death or permanent total disability
- Rs. 2.50 lakh against permanent partial disability
- Rs. 25,000 against accidental hospitalization
The entire premium amount will be shared between the Center and State as per the funding pattern of the PMMSY. Thus, no beneficiary contribution is envisaged.
How to apply for the scheme
Please contact your state Fisheries department for enrollment in the scheme.
For more details, click here.
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.