Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers - Pre-Matric
The Main objective of this scheme is to ensure that no child is working in any hazardous sector as labour.
- Girls and boys of class 1 to IV will receive INR 250 for the purchase of a dress, books, etc.
- Class V to VIII - Girls - Rs 940; Boys - Rs 500
- Class IX - Girls - Rs 1140; Boys - Rs 700
- Girls of class 10 will receive INR of 1840 and Boys will receive INR 1400
- The applicant must be enrolled in class 1 to 10 at a government/ government recognised school
- One or both parents of the applicants should be working as a Beedi worker, Iron Ore, Manganese & Chrome Ore Mines, Limestone & Dolomite Mines (LSDM), Cine workers since at least last six months.
- Total monthly Income of the Worker’s family from all sources should not exceed as under :-
a) BeediWorkers - Rs.10,000/-
b) Mine Workers –
i) The Mine workers doing manual, unskilled, highly skilled and clerical work are eligible for availing all facilities under different welfare schemes of
Labour Welfare Organization irrespective of the wages paid to them.
ii) The persons employed in supervisory and managerial capacity are eligible for availing the facilities under different welfare schemes subject to the wage limit of Rs.10,000/- per month.
c) Cine workers – “An amount not exceeding Rs.8,000/- per month where such amount is paid monthly or an amount not exceeding Rs.1,00,000/- where it is paid by way of lump sum or instalments; as remuneration of a cine worker for the purpose of this Act.”
How to apply
Application form at Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers - Pre-Matric
Whom to contact
Directorate of Social Welfare
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.