Merit Cum Means Scholarship For Professional and Technical Courses for Minorities
The objective of the Scheme is to provide financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students belonging to minority communities to enable them to pursue professional and technical courses.
- Belonging to Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jain and Zoroastrians (Parsis) who have been notified as minority communities
- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination
- The annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh.
- The applicant should be pursuing studies in India in a Government or recognized Private University/Institute/College/School
- The course being pursued should be of minimum one-year duration
- Rs. 20,000/- per annum subject to actuals whichever is less (for both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
- Full course fee is reimbursed for 85 listed Institutes
- Maintenance Allowance
- For Class XI & XII including Tech. & Voc. Course
- Rs. 1,000/- per month for Hosteller; Rs. 500/- per month for Day Scholar for 10 months in an academic year.
How to apply
For online application, visit https://scholarships.gov.in/
A candidate may contact for clearing doubts regarding the scholarship schemes in Samadhaan Toll-free Helpline Number 1800-11-2001 from Monday to Friday, except holidays, between 9.00 AM to 5.30 PM.
To view the complete scheme information and FAQs, click here
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.