National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students
The objective of the scheme is to encourage the ST students, a section of society with the lowest literacy level in the country, to acquire higher education in the form of scholarships (for graduation and post graduation) and fellowships (for M.Phil and Ph.D. Courses), with a view to create qualified professional to hold posts of teachers/professionals and other higher stages of employment. The scheme is implemented by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- Fellowship: The objective of the scheme is to encourage the ST students, a section of society with the lowest literacy levels in the country, to acquire higher education in the form of fellowships to pursue M. Phil and Ph. D. Courses, with a view to create qualified professionals to hold posts of teachers /professionals and other higher stages of employment
- Scholarship: ST Students is intended to encourage meritorious ST students to pursue courses at Graduate/Post Graduate level in identified Institutions of excellence, Government and Private, in professional fields such as Management, Medicine, Engineering, Information Technology, Law etc.
||Rs. 25,000/- p.m.
1. Rs. 10,000/- P.A. for Humanities & Social Sciences
2. Rs. 12,000/-P.A. for all the subjects for Science, Engineering Technology
|HRA as per rules of the University/Institutions/Colleges
||Rs. 2000/-p.m. in case of physically handicapped and blind candidates
|| Rs.28,000/- p.m.
1. Rs. 20,500/- P.A. for Humanities & Social Sciences
2. Rs. 25,000/-P.A. for Science, Engineering Technology
|| Full tuition fee and other non-refundable dues in respect of Government /Governmentfunded institutions.
||There will be a ceiling of Rs.2.50 lakhs per annum per student for private sector institutions
|Books & Stationery
||@ Rs.3000/- per annum
||without any bills / vouchers
||Rs 2200/-per month
|| Amount will be provided as per actuals subject to maximum ceiling 26400/- per annum
Computer may be Desktop/Laptop etc. The accessories may, interalia, include all kind of printers, CDs/DVDs, Keyboard, Mainboard, Motherboard, Hard Disk Drive, Mouse, Sound adapters, Toners, Speakers, USB Hubs/Cables, Memory Chips, Memory Card readers etc.
- The candidate belonging to ST should have passed the Post-Graduation examination for being eligible for the Fellowshipn and registration for regular and full time M.Phil/Ph.D Courses in University / Academic Institutions under the following category:
- Universities/Institutes/Colleges included under section 2(f) or 12(B) or 2(f) and 12(B) of UGC Act.
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
- Universities/ Institutes/ Colleges funded by Central/ State Government
- Institutes of National Importance.
- recognized by UGC under Section 2 (f) of the UGC Act / ICAR by fulfilling conditions of admission of that University/Institution.
- The ST students once considered eligible for the Fellowship shall not be entitled for any other scholarship of the Centre or State Government the same study.
- The fellowship shall be payable once the student has secured admission and started the research work.
- In order to qualify for Senior Research Fellowship a candidate will have to fulfill the UGC/ICAR norms prescribed in this regard.
- ST students who have secured admission in the notified Institutions according to the norms prescribed by the respective Institutions will be eligible for the scholarship under the scheme.
- The student will be eligible to join only the list of Institution identified by Ministry.
- The total family income of the candidate to be eligible for this scholarship from all sources should not exceed Rs. 6.0 lakh per annum
How to apply
Online application can be done at form at National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students
Whom to contact
Ministry of Tribal Affairs
For more information, click here
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.