Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
The objective of the scheme is to award scholarships to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections of minority community so as to provide them better opportunities for higher education, increase their rate of attainment in higher education and enhance their employability.
- Belonging to Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jain and Zoroastrians (Parsis) who have been notified as minority communities
- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination
- The annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.00 lakh.
- The applicant should be pursuing studies in India in a Government or recognized Private University/Institute/College/School
- The course being pursued should be of minimum one-year duration
- Admission + Tuition Fee
- Class XI & XII: Rs. 7,000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
- Admission and course/tuition fee for technical and vocational courses of XI and XII level (Courses of one or more year of duration) : Rs. 10,000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
- Admission and tuition fee for UG & PG level: Rs. 3,000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
- Maintenance Allowance
- For Class XI & XII including Tech. & Voc. Course
- Rs. 380/- per month for Hosteller & Rs. 230/- per month for Day Scholar
- For Courses other than Tech. & Prof. courses at UG & PG level: Rs. 570/- per month for Hosteller & Rs. 300/- per month for Day Scholar
- For M.Phil & Ph.D.*: Rs. 1,200/- per month for Hosteller & Rs. 550/- per month for Day Scholar
How to apply
For online application, visit https://scholarships.gov.in/
A candidate may contact for clearing doubts regarding the scholarship schemes in Samadhaan Toll-free Helpline Number 1800-11-2001 from Monday to Friday, except holidays, between 9.00 AM to 5.30 PM.
To view the complete scheme information and FAQs, click here
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.