Scholarships for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities
Aims to recognizing and promoting quality education amongst students with disabilities by providing full financial support.
- It covers students with diabilities (SwDs) for pursuing studies at the level of graduate and post-graduate degree or diploma in notified institutes of excellence in education identified by DEPwD.
- Tuition fees and nonrefundable charges paid/ payable to the Institution : Up to Rs. 2.00 lakh – per annum (subject to actual amount).
- Maintenance Allowance - Rs. 3,000/- per month for hostellers; Rs. 1,500/- per month for day-scholars
- Special Allowances (related to types of disabilities like reader allowance, escort allowance, helper allowance etc.) - Rs. 2,000/- per month
- Books & Stationery - Rs. 5,000/- per annum.
- Reimbursement of expenses for purchase of a computer with accessories. - Rs. 30,000/- per awardee as a one-time grant for entire course.
- Reimbursement of expenses for purchase of Aids and Assistive Devices including necessary software related to the particular disability of the selected candidate. - Rs. 30,000/- per awardee as a one-time grant for entire course
- A person with disability having not less than 40% disability and having a disability issued by any competent medical authority.
- Annual parental income from all sources should not exceed Rs 6 lakhs
- Not more than two disabled children of the same parents will be entitled to receive benefits of the scheme. Provided in case the second child is a twin, the scholarship under this scheme will be admissible to both the twins.
- A scholarship holder under this scheme will not hold any other scholarship/stipend.
How to apply
Online application to be done at Scholarship portal
Whom to contact
Directorate of Social Welfare
For more information, click here
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.