Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students
The scheme aims to recognizing and promoting quality education amongst students belonging to SCs, by providing full financial support. The Scheme will cover SC students for pursuing studies beyond 12th class.
The overall number of fresh scholarships per year would be as follows.
- 2021-22 - 1500
- 2022-23 - 1600
- 2023-24 - 1700
- 2024-25 - 1800
- 2025-26 - 1900
- Full tuition fee and other non-refundable charges (there will be a ceiling of Rs. 2.00 lakh per annum per student towards fee in the private institutions and Rs.3.72 lakh per annum per student in private commercial pilot training institutions).
- Academic allowance of Rs. 86,000 in the first year of study and Rs. 41,000 in every subsequent year, to take care of living expenses, books and stationery, computer/laptop of reputed brand with accessories like UPS and printer, etc.
- SC students having total annual family income from all sources up to Rs. 8.00 lakh
- Having secured admission in a full-time course in any of the notified institutions according to the general selection criteria prescribed by the concerned institution.
- Thirty percent (30%) of slots allotted to the Institution shall be reserved for eligible SC girl students.
- The benefit of the Scheme will not be provided to more than 2 siblings in a family.
- The students who have studied class X from any of the Central/State/Municipal Govt. or Govt. aided schools (except KVS schools), shall be automatically qualified under the scheme. For this purpose, student may upload certificate in this regard.
How to apply
Online application is to be filled at Scholarship portal
Whom to contact
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
For more information, click here
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.