Government of India had instituted a scheme titled “SwarnaJayanti Fellowships” to commemorate India’s fiftieth year of Independence.
Under this scheme a selected number of young scientists, with excellent track record, are provided special assistance and support to enable them to pursue research in frontier areas of science and technology.
- The fellowship is scientist specific and not institution specific, very selective and has close academic monitoring.
- Scientists selected for the award will be allowed to pursue unfettered research with a freedom and flexibility in terms of expenditure as approved in the research plan.
- The award consists of a Fellowship of Rs 25000/- per month in addition to the salary drawn from the parent Institute for a period of 5 years
- The fellows selected along with their projects will be considered for funding by the Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB) as per SERB norms, for fellowship, recurring and non-recurring heads.
- The duration of the fellowship along with the project will be for a period not exceeding five years.
- The fellowship is open to Indian Nationals having a regular position in a recognized Indian academic/research organization.
- The applicant should possess PhD in Science/ Engineering/ Medicine and should not be drawing Fellowship from any other Scheme of Government of India.
- The proposed project should contain innovative research idea and it should have a potential of making impact on R&D in the discipline.
How to apply
Online applications from eligible candidates can be submitted at in the format as given on DST online portal.
The candidates may be required to submit further additional information as required and present the project idea before final selection.
The last date for submission of applications for 2020-21 is March 31, 2021 by 2359 hrs.
For more information, visit https://dst.gov.in/
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.