The government of Himachal Pradesh has launched the scheme for girls to encourage education of the girl child below the poverty line (BPL).
To make girls self-reliant with necessary financial assistance and education. Assistance can be given in two ways -
- At the time of the birth of the girl child or
- In the form of an annual scholarship.
- The candidate must be a permanent resident of Himachal Pradesh
- To the girls who are below the poverty line (BPL).
- From each BPL family, only two girl children are eligible.
- All BPL girls who are born after July 5, 2010, can get the benefits of studying till class 12.
How to apply
- To visit the official website click on the given link, Himachal E-District
- Fill out the application form and then click on submit button.
- You will be redirected to the payment window.
- Pay the application fees ( if applicable).
- Download the confirmation receipt.
- Photocopy of Bonafide Himachali Certificate.
- Proof of BPL Certificate
- Date of birth certificate
- Letter from Head Master of the School of the applicant (in case applicant is studying)
- Identity proof.
So, to get the benefits of this scheme the person must fulfill mentioned terms and conditions. This scheme is proven beneficial for girls of the BPL category.
Source: Departmental Schemes for Women
Last Modified : 8/5/2022
© C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.