This scheme aims to improve the Gross Enrolment Rate (GER), provide quality higher education, ensure continuation of students in the stream of higher education, and equip the students with essential skills.
Benefits to the citizens
Under Jagananna Vasathi Deewana, the government provides for the hostel and mess charges of BPL students.
Industrial Training Institute Courses (ITI) students will receive Rs 10,000 every year, polytechnic students get Rs15,000, and degree students get Rs 20,000 as fee reimbursement.
Full fee reimbursement is provided for SC/ST students irrespective of courses.
- The students pursuing the following courses are eligible-
- The students must be enrolled in the following institution
- Government or Government Aided
- Private Colleges affiliated to State Universities/ Boards.
- The family’s annual income should be less than Rs 2.5 Lakh per anum.
- Beneficiaries should only have the wetland below 10 acres/ agricultural land below 25 acres/ or wetland and agricultural land under 25 acres.
- The beneficiaries should not own any four-wheelers (Car, Taxi, Auto, etc).
- Government employees are not eligible for the scheme. All sanitary workers irrespective of their salary/ recruitment, are eligible.
- If anyone in the family is availing pension then he or she is not eligible for the scheme.
How to apply
Link to Online application : Jagananna Vasathi Deevena Scheme
Whom to contact
The Social Welfare Department is the Nodal Department for execution of the scheme.
The following documents are required if you are applying for the scheme in the Andhra Pradesh region:-
- Residential proof
- Aadhar card
- College admission certificate
- Admission fee receipt
- Income certificate
- BPL or EWS certificates
- Parents’ occupational certificate
- Non-tax payer declaration
- Bank account details