Scholarships are of great importance to all of the students who are not able to pay their fees because of various financial burden on the family. Under this scheme, full fee reimbursement benefits will be given to approximately 14 Lakhs students of the state.
Benefits to the citizens
Financial funds will be provided to all of the students who are willing to study and gain higher education but unable to pay their fees because of the financial burden of their family. The reimbursement is to be directly credited into the mothers’ account of the students in four installments annually.
- Under Jagan Anna Vidya Deevena Scheme, the fee of students belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, backward classes, minorities, Kapus, economically backward classes and differently-abled categories will be reimbursed.
- Any student whose annual family income is less than Rs. 2.5 lakh are eligible under Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme.
- Those with 10 acres of wetland and 25 acres of dry land are also eligible for the benefit.
- There is no income limit for students hailing from families of sanitation works and those who are professionally dependent on taxi, auto, and tractor. However, the income taxpayers will not be eligible.
- Initially, the full fee reimbursement will be extended to students pursuing B Tech, B Pharmacy, M Tech, M Pharmacy, MBA, MCA, BEd and such courses.
How to apply
The institutions in which the students are enrolled will apply for fee reimbursement.
Whom to contact (implementation agency at the state/district level)
Department of Higher Education
Last Modified : 8/5/2021
© C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.