The government provides various welfare measures to fishermen in the state of Andhra Pradesh .
Benefits to the fishermen
- A fiinancial assistance of Rs. 10,000 to fishermen operating mechanised, motorised, non-motorised fishing nets, hunting rafts during the "no fishing" duration.
- A diesel subsidy of Rs. 9 per litre for fishing boats. The same would be provided in identified fuel filling stations.
- An enhanced ex-gratia of Rs. 10 lakh to died fishermen (while on the occuaption) families who use mechanized, motorized boats and hunting rafts. All the fishermen in 18 to 60 years of age group can avail this benefit.
- Must be legal resident of AP
- Fishing must be main occupation
- Members of fishing community
- Own fishing boat
- Access to bank account
How to apply
Documents needed for application:
- Residential proof
- Aadhaar card
- Certification of livelihood – The Fisheries Department issues a certificate for the members of the fishing community who are associated with this occupation. The applicants need to offer a copy of this document.
- Fishing boat registration documents – If the applicant wants to avail the subsidy perks for the boat, he must submit the fishing boat registration papers.
- Details of the bank account – All grant transfers will be completed through the banks. The applicants will have to provide the necessary bank documents, which highlight the account number and other important details.
Whom to contact (implementation agency at the state/district level)
Department of Fisheries, Govt. of Andra Pradesh
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.