Under this Arundhati Swarna Yojana, the state govt. will provide 1 tola gold to newlywed brides at the time of their wedding. All such communities which have tradition to provide gold at the time of their daughter’s marriage will get gold.
Benefits to the citizens
The scheme compliments cultural practices and honors traditions. The gold encourages financial security for the bride
- Both the bride and groom should have attained the legal age of 18 years and 21 years respectively at the time of registration of the marriage.
- The marriage of the applicant should be registered under Special Marriage Act, 1954 to avail Assam Arundhati Gold Scheme benefits.
- Applicant should have solemnized her marriage on or after 1st December 2019. Applicant should have registered her marriage on or after 1st January 2020.
- Applicant girl should apply for the benefit under Arundhati Gold Scheme on the same day that she applies for marriage registration.
- The total annual income of parents of the applicant girl from all sources must not exceed Rs. 5 Lakh per annum.
- The 1 tola gold benefit under Swarna Yojana for applicant girl is available only for first marriage.
- Both the bride and the groom must have passed at least HSLC or equivalent in case of non SC/ST and non Tea Tribe communities. Either of the bride or groom must have passed 10th or equivalent in case of SC/ ST communities for next 5 years.
- No minimum educational qualification is required in case of Tea Tribe communities for next 5 years. This is because most of the Tea Gardens in the State of Assam do not have High School facility.
How to apply
Gram Panchayat or Online
For online mode: visit https://revenueassam.nic.in/arundhati/
Whom to contact (implementation agency at the state/district level)
Govt. of Assam
Link to Online application
Arundhati Gold Yojana Scheme
- The applicant shall apply for Arundhati Gold Scheme on the day of applying for the registration of Marriage under Special Marriage Act, 1954.
- The documents list is available at the link – https://revenueassam.nic.in/arundhati/documents
- The information of acceptance/rejection of the application will be communicated to the applicant by SMS and email (on the Mobile No/ email id given in the online application form). Check How to Apply Online through the link – https://revenueassam.nic.in/arundhati/howto
- If the application is accepted, the amount as eligible under the scheme shall be transferred to the Bank account of the applicant by the Inspector General of Registration through Direct Benefits Transfer(DBT) mode. The Bank A/c No shall be the same as per details given in online form where Bank A/c No. with IFSC code has been given.
Last Modified : 2/4/2022
© C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.