Post-Metric Scholarship for Students from Tea and Tea Gardens Tribes
The objective of the scheme is to provide stipend to Post-Matric students belonging to tea & Ex-Tea Garden Tribes for the benefit of the poor students.
Benefits to the citizens
A scholarship of Rs 10,000 per annum will be provided to 10th and 12th passed students passing out HSLC under Board of Secondary Education
- The students from tea tribes community should have passed HSLC examination under Board of Secondary Education (SEBA) Assam from the year 2019 onwards.
- The incentive should be paid to irrespective of number of students per family per year succeeding the HSLC examination.
- The applicant must possess valid pass certificate from SEBA for the concerned year and must have valid Caste certificate belonging to tea tribes community of Assam.
- The applicant chosen for the cash incentive shall not be eligible for normal Post-Matric Scholarship of that financial year.
- Scholarships are paid to students whose parents/guardians income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2,50,000/- per annum.
How to apply
- Advertisements in local newspapers shall be published inviting applications from eligible students for scholarships who have passed HSLC examination under SEBA.
- The filled in application forms of the scholarships shall be handed over to the Principal/Head of Higher Secondary Schools/Colleges where the Tea Tribes Students will be getting admission into higher classes i.e. Class-XI through the respective Inspector of schools of the Sub-Divisions.
- The Sub-Divisional Level Beneficiary Selection Committees are to facilitate in the process of submission of Applications from the students and submit the forms to the concerning Sub-Divisional Welfare Officers (SDWOs).
Whom to contact
Directorate for Welfare of Tea Tribes, Assam.
To access the complete scheme guidelines, click here.
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.