Universal Old Age Pension Scheme for APL / BPL Ration Card Holders
The primary purpose of this scheme is to aid the old age people of the State, during their retirement period. The project is intended for both categories of the people in the state.
Benefits to the citizens
- All senior citizens of the State receive a monthly pension of Rs. 300.
- The candidate can be a member of the Below Poverty line or Above Poverty Line.
- The workers working in Government tea plantation stations can avail an exemption of 10 paise tea cess.
- All tea growers who are exporting tea from the Export Tea Centre in the Amingaon in the State get Rs. 6/kg rebate as agriculture income tax to improve tea export promotion.
All citizens passing the following eligibility standards can avail the benefits of the scheme.
- The applicants have to be residents of the State.
- The applicants have to be senior citizens, that is above 60 years of age.
- The annual family income has to be less than three lakhs.
- The candidate must possess an APL or BPL card.
- All senior citizens being a member of any caste, religion, community and financial status can apply to this scheme.
How to apply
The Assam Government has not released any information regarding the application procedure for this scheme. The officials are further expanding its implementation procedure. Once all the details are clarified, the eligible candidates can apply for the project in the State Government’s portal.
The following documents have to be possessed by the candidates to avail the benefits of the scheme.
- Residential certificate
- Income certificate
- Aadhaar card
- Below Poverty Line card or Average Poverty Line card
- Bank Details
- Account number
- Branch name
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.